COVER Corp. (hereinafter to be referred to as "We", "Us", or "Our" as the case may be) has established these Guidelines for Use of Music (hereinafter to be referred to as “These guidelines”) in regards to the use of music content provided by us (hereinafter to be referred to as “Our music”), so that fans will have peace of mind when making use of our music.
These guidelines pertain to any original song by hololive production-affiliated talents that is distributed on various music distribution platforms (hereinafter to be referred to as “Applicable music”).
The use of music listed in the provided appendix does not fall within the scope of these guidelines.
Musical Derivative Works
We allow covers, adaptations, and remixes of applicable music (hereinafter to be referred to as “covers” for covers, or “musical derivative works” for adaptations and remixes).
* We consider derivative works to be creations born of fans' ideas and creativity, based on our music. Therefore, we do not consider the reproduction of our music as is, or with modifications lacking creative input, to be classified as derivative works. Such use does not fall within the scope of these guidelines.
We allow our music to be performed by DJs, regardless of the above-mentioned rule. However, please be aware that if you are streaming via YouTube, or another video sharing platform, we may be alerted via the Content ID system.
Furthermore, we do not allow extraction of our talent's voices from our songs to be used in speech generation, and do not consider this to be derivative work.
Use of Applicable Music
We allow submission of musical derivative works to YouTube, Niconico, and other video sharing sites, as well as SoundCloud and other music sharing sites (hereinafter to be referred to as "Sharing sites").
We will not exercise our copyright rights, including related rights, in regards to the creation or submission of musical derivative works as long as they comply with these guidelines.
We will not interfere with the use of partner programs or creator programs on sharing sites, or any advertising revenue earned thereof.
* We forbid the registration of any created or submitted musical derivative work with Content ID, or any other automated identification system, as your own work.
When submitting musical derivative works, please credit as below.
Song: Shiny Smily Story
Artist: hololive IDOL PROJECT
You can download the source files of our music for covers, or for other derivative creation purposes, from our piapro page (URL：https://piapro.jp/hololive).
If performing as a DJ and/or submitting to a sharing site, please ensure that you have paid the appropriate copyright fees. Should any processing be required, we ask that you process the payment of said copyright royalties appropriately.
Please comply with the following guidelines regarding musical derivative works.
- Please be mindful of our talents, and refrain from creating derivative works that they may find unpleasant.
- Please limit your creation of derivative works to a fan, or hobby, level. With the exception of advertising revenue (as outlined under "Use of Applicable Music"), do not use our content for business purposes, or for purposes that can be deemed as for-profit.
- Please comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including the terms and rules of any relevant platforms.
- Please refrain from creating derivative works that fall under the following categories:
- Content that is falsely represented as official, or can be misinterpreted or mistaken as official
- Content that is contradictory to public order and morality, or exceeds what is socially acceptable
- Content that includes matters pertaining to any particular ideology, belief, religion, or politics
- Content that damages our image, or that of our talents or our content
- Content that damages a third party's image, or violates their rights
- Other content that we deem unsuitable
We do not relinquish our copyright or related rights through these guidelines. We maintain these rights.
We make no guarantees in regards to the use of our music or related musical derivative works, including any actions that may violate a third party's rights.
We shall not be responsible if the use, performance, or submission of our music, or a related musical derivative work, results in a dispute with a third party.
These guidelines are subject to change without notice. Please ensure that you follow the latest version of these guidelines at all times.